[WikiEN-l] Non-commercial only and By Permission Only Images to be deleted

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Fri May 20 04:23:20 UTC 2005

Gregory Maxwell:
> On 5/18/05, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
>
>>All images which are for non-commercial only use and by permission only
>>are not acceptable for Wikipedia and _will be deleted_.  We have
>>tolerated them for some time, but only as an interim measure during the
>>time when images which were previously not properly tagged could be tagged.
>

> What about images from STOCK.XCHNG?

We have cleared this already on the Wikimedia Commons. In short, the
terms of use are invalid, and the click-through declaration on the
upload submission form of the site is what matters, since there is no
transfer of rights to Stock.Xchng. If the uploader -- the copyright
holder -- specifies that there are no usage restrictions on the photo,
we can use it as such.

See:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Stock.xchng_images/vote
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Stock.xchng_images