[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Schools onen:(wasDoImisunderstandWikipedia

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu May 19 20:19:30 UTC 2005

JAY JG (jayjg at hotmail.com) [050520 06:04]:

> Again, not all school inclusionists, but a certain subset of them.  And I
> have backed them up.

With an example that two people (myself and one other) promptly pointed
out matched our own editing patterns.

> Do you reall think this is likely David?

Having done it ... yes.

> If you think that all the people who are making boilerplate "keep" votes in
> incredibly short periods of time are not actually just mindlessly and
> sequentially voting "keep", but rather are people who read the articles,
> consider them carefully, then like to line up all the votes in many
> different tabs so that the votes all show up on the Contributions list in
> as short a period of time as possible, then no.  But I think my assumption
> is far more reasonable and plausible than yours.

What, that someone edits VFD like I do?

I suspect the root of your assertion is that you can't really believe
anyone would vote "keep" sincerely on almost all school articles. So when
you see someone do so, you immediately assume bad faith editing on their
part; and you won't be swayed from this explanation for what you see.

Me, I vote 'keep' on almost all of them because they're NPOV and verifiable
(though in most cases they don't have an independent reference listed; as
per my proposal on [[Wikiedpa:Schools]], I certainly wouldn't object to
that as a very strong guideline). I really don't see that a 'keep' vote
requires any greater justification, whatever someone's edit pattern.

- d.