[WikiEN-l] The schools table

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu May 19 16:58:48 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:

> That's true *even if* we'd react differently to a ton of one-liners
> mass-imported saying nothing more than "Randolph School is a private
> school in Huntsville, Alabama, US" and "Indian Springs is a private
> school in Birmingham, Alabama, US" and on and on and on, ad nauseum."
>
> We are at the stage where people are indeed adding masses of trivial
> one-line articles about schools, which the school inclusionists
> immediately describe as a "good stub with potential for organic growth".

To the extent described above the applicable criterion is not
notability, but the fact that these are sub-stubs.  ALL the information
contained in these sub-stubs could be found elsewhere, as in something
like [[List of schools in Alabama]].  When the article has so little
material it's probably better to have a red link to encourage writing on
the subject.  Even then, a pre-condition for putting the matter on VfD
should be that there has been an attempt to contact the contributor in a
good faith attempt to resolve the problem.  (Admittedly this would be
less possible when the contribution is from an anonymous IP.)  Absence
of such an effort should be reason enough to remove the item from VfD.

Ec