[WikiEN-l] The schools table

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Thu May 19 16:04:44 UTC 2005

JAY JG said:

> We are at the stage where people are indeed adding masses of trivial
> one-line articles about schools,

I see no evidence of this.

> which the school inclusionists
> immediately  describe as a "good stub with potential for organic
> growth".

This is a reasoned response to the few perfectly good stubs that I've seen
listed for deletion, mostly only a few weeks after creation.  In general
the consensus seems to be against deletion of such stubs, even the tiny
and almost useless ones like Mahajana school, about which little of value
is known.

It seems from the quotes you have made that Jimbo was saying that we
probably shouldn't go around deleting perfectly good stubs about schools.
I know of nobody who is suggesting that we accommodate a bot-runner
mechanically inserting large numbers of unwanted stubs of any kinds into
Wikipedia.

>>And on a side note, I'm rather suprised to find myself--long classed by
>>some as a ruthless deletionist, described here as an extreme
>>inclusionist.
>
> Described where as "an extreme inclusionist"?

I may have misread your intent in the phrase "it seemed to be explicitly
excluding the extremes Tony (and various school inclusionists) are
suggesting." My apologies if that is so.