[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Schools on en: (was Do I misunderstand Wikipedia? On notability and encyclopedic merit.)

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed May 18 17:53:17 UTC 2005

Stirling Newberry (stirling.newberry at xigenics.net) [050519 03:48]:

> The size problem will be solved by a distribution system, probably one
> that includes rating of articles. The local geography articles will get
> low ratings and thus not be in the "short" version of wikipedia.

Yes. VFD is supposed to be an immune system, to keep out the *shit*. It's
far too blunt a tool to try to use as a general quality-control system,
which is why people get so very upset when articles that are NPOV and
verifiable get nominated for VFD on grounds that are, per the deletion
policy, spurious.

(pointing to wikien-l - this is really en: related)

- d.