[WikiEN-l] Re: Announcing a policy proposal

steven l. rubenstein rubenste at ohiou.edu
Tue May 17 23:42:13 UTC 2005

mvh Björn wrote ...

>  I like many
>other people are not comfortable in arguing and such an abstract level
>and therefore you get misunderstood. It would have been better if you
>had started the discussion at the level of abstractness you intended
>because the shifts from particularity to generality is confusing me.

First, I appreciate your saying that I have raised people's awareness of
the issues.  As to your suggestion: I can't criticize it, but I do not
think I know how to do that.  I encourage you, if not now then sometime, to
try to re-start the discussion at what you think is a reasonable or
constructive level of abstractness.  I don't mean to tell you what to do,
but from your comments it seems to me that you are interested in this
issue, and have something to say.  Maybe where I went wrong, you can go right.

Steve

Steven L. Rubenstein
Associate Professor
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Bentley Annex
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701