[WikiEN-l] Re: Announcing a policy proposal: Why I devised this proposal

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Tue May 17 13:11:26 UTC 2005

steven l. rubenstein wrote:

> But I have to respond to Timwi’s message at length.  His very statements
> actually exemplify the reason I have made this proposal.  To be clear,
> although I certainly do believe in the specifics of the proposal, my
> main motivation was concern over people’s understanding of our NPOV
> policy.  I wanted to open up a debate about NPOV, and raise people’s
> consciousness about NPOV.  As far as I am concerned, what Timwi wrote
> proves that he either does not understand, or does not accept, our
> NPOV policy, and by itself justifies my proposal.

Well, that's fresh, especially considering that I

* didn't argue about or even mention the NPOV policy;
* didn't accept or reject your proposal;
* don't care what you or anyone think about the NPOV policy;
* notice that several people have tried to point out to you that what
   you are advocating here hasn't really anything to do with NPOV.

All I said in my message was that the discussion is stupid.

I think we should have a Dumbest Discussion of the Week award. Or
Deadest Horse of the Week. Or whatever.

Timwi