[WikiEN-l] Re: Announcing a policy proposal

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:29:37 UTC 2005

On 5/17/05, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:

> Also, some people in this discussion have drawn parallels between this
> and imperial units of measurement. HELLOOOO?! It's not really like you
> need to *convert* between the two, you know?! Or maybe I just somehow
> missed that 1 year CE is actually equivalent to 3.573495764 years AD?

Did you actually read my post on this and grasp the point I was making?

Presumably not. Just as some people cling to old units of measurement,
the "standardists" in the AD/CE debate cling to AD and BC because they
are used to them, not because they are Christians.

See the point now?

--
Peter in Canberra