[WikiEN-l] Re: Announcing a policy proposal: Why I devised this proposal

Pete/Pcb21 pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com
Mon May 16 20:02:38 UTC 2005

steven l. rubenstein wrote:
> my real purpose is to spark a frank discussion about our
> NPOV policy.

Yeah really?

A couple of points about your wikiquette today/yesterday:

1)Starting a vote on an issue when only side of the debate has had the
opportunity to put their

2) Blanket-messaging a whole bunch of talk pages about your policy
proposal (this is similar to "spamming")

3) When someone comments that you have been "spamming" you delete that
comment.

4) When someone restores that comment, you delete it again without
discussion when you to re-merge the duplicate pages.

5) After the merging, you simply delete the page name you don't like,
without a redirect and without a deletion debate.

6) You accuse another user of trying to use the other page name of
"vandalism" when it is nothing of the sort.

7) When someone undeletes the page, you delete it again without any
discussion.

This is not consistent with wanting "to spark a frank discussion"

Pete