[WikiEN-l] Re: Announcing a policy proposal

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 18:04:39 UTC 2005

--- Skyring <skyring at gmail.com> wrote:

> The horse has long bolted. CE has been common usage
> for decades in an
> expanding circle of groups, most notably those of
> science or academia.
>
> The Christians trying to contain the infection are
> as ultimately
> risible as the French trying to keep their language
> pure by opposing
> terms such as "le weekend". Christian belief is
> something that comes
> from the heart, not from strict adherence to the
> display of symbols.

It's only Christians who support AD/BC?  How curious,
considering that I am not a Christian, but support the
status quo, since CE/BCE is anti-Christian POV and a
violation of Wikipedia policy of using most common
name.  Just because the academic community uses it
doesn't mean our readers do.

Again, I suggest making it part of the Preferences,
just as the date formatting is.

RickK

Yahoo! Mail