[WikiEN-l] Re: Announcing a policy proposal

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:21:33 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> >> It would be wonderful if Wikipedia converted completely to the metric
> >> system, or perhaps [[SI]] ("the most widely used system of units").
> >> Perhaps units should be referred to the Countering Systemic Bias
> >> Wikiproject.
> >
> > It isn't Systemic Bias and most of the articles seem to be drifting
> > in the direction of SI anyway.
>
> Since this seems to be favoring the majority Systeme Internationale
> against minority systems such as Foot-pound-second, shouldn't we still
> refer this to Countering Systemic Bias? :)

I was writing more in jest than in seriousness. I'm mostly just a
little frustrated as an Australian having to constantly convert from
pounds to kilometres, or from miles to kilometres whenever I read an
American source (and since it is mostly America who resists the metric
system, this probably is systemic bias).

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com