[WikiEN-l] RE: Corrected

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Fri May 13 12:59:03 UTC 2005

Skyring stated for the record:
> On 5/6/05, Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.org> wrote:
>

>>Truth is an absolute defense against charges of libel.
>

> Maybe it is where you live, but certainly not everywhere. If I was
> mounting a lawsuit, I'd go for the jurisdiction with my best chance of
> success. Wouldn't you?

Two important points: the plaintiff doesn't have infinite resources.
Even if the courts in Kookooland can be relied upon to always find for
the plaintiff and not to care about the truth, the plaintiff has to get
there and get them to accept his case.  And even if he does, I'm an
American citizen.  I don't care what the courts in Kookooland say about me.

--
  Sean Barrett     | That was the stun setting. This is not.
  sean at epoptic.com |