[WikiEN-l] Re: Abuse of blocking privileges

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Tue May 10 15:24:53 UTC 2005

Pete/Pcb21 wrote:
> Timwi wrote:
>
>> And again. Why do newbies keep posting this? How many people actually
>> fall for this? How many people actually read this and go "OMG we're
>> gonna lose a valuable contributor! Must unblock quick!!!"?
>
> Er, because they're *new*? They don't know what's come before.

Yes, but isn't that all the more reason to assume that we won't de-admin
two long-time trusted contributors just to save one contributor whom we
don't even know? I just don't get why so many newbies instantly think
that they're the most valuable Wikipedian ever born and that established
admins must leave to make room for them.