[WikiEN-l] Abuse of your services

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun May 8 14:09:28 UTC 2005

Sean Barrett wrote:

> MacGyverMagic/Mgm stated for the record:
>
>> Websites of established newspapers may not be published in the
>> original sense, but they're still run by the attached news agency and
>> therefore trustworthy sources.
>
> /me snorts coffee though his nose.
>
> News agencies are trustworthy sources?  Are you on drugs, or someone's
> payroll?
>
> May I suggest you start with [[Journalism scandals]], and let us know
> when you've caught up to the present?

No source is to be trusted completely.  Newspapers, because of their
tight deadlines, are more easily prone to error.  As I indicated in a
previous comment on another thread  The "National Post" reported
McHenry's criticism of Wikipedia's article on President Alexander
Hamilton.  Neither McHenry nor Wikipedia had used the word "president".

Ec