[WikiEN-l] Abuse of your services

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Fri May 6 21:26:55 UTC 2005

slimvirgin at gmail.com stated for the record:

> David, if you're saying Usenet is sometimes an acceptable source, and
> that we ought to judge its validity on a case-by-case basis (as a
> secondary source), I'll have to ask you to show me where in any of our
> policy documents that is stated or implied, because my understanding
> of all the relevant policies is that they are worded precisely so that
> these issues are *not* judged by individual editors on a case-by-case
> basis. Usenet is only allowed as primary-source material in articles
> about itself, and then only in very limited ways, carefully worded,
> balanced by other sources.

Frankly, an unthinking no-tolerance policy that material in, frex,
sci.space.moderated is somehow untouchable is a stupid policy, and I for
one will be bold and continue to ignore it.

--
  Sean Barrett     | Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in
  sean at epoptic.com | rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.