[WikiEN-l] REMOTE_USER instead of REMOTE_ADDR

Chris McIntosh cmcintosh at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:03:12 UTC 2005

I am working on an Intranet where we are spinning off many wiki's per
project. In the forseeable future we might have 5-10 separate
instances of the Wiki's.

Because of this I would like to make it easy for people to move
between the Wiki's without having to login each time.

A simple mod I just wrote will grab the REMOTE_USER which is their
NTACCOUNT on our intranet and use that instead of IP.

I set a flag in LocalSettings to allow me to turn this on|off.

My questions are: is this a good way to do this? Are there better
ways? Will this break anything?

Thanks,
Chris McIntosh