[WikiEN-l] RE: Corrected

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Thu May 5 23:58:07 UTC 2005

slimvirgin at gmail.com stated for the record:

> On 5/5/05, David 'DJ' Hedley <spyders at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> This is perhaps an inappopriate discussion to have in public because a
> legal action has been threatened, but in brief, the fact that you
> report, but do not endorse, a claim is not a defense in a libel
> action. If you spread it, you spread it.
>
> Sarah

Truth is an absolute defense against charges of libel.  It is true that
the Usenet group alt.usenet.kooks named Wollmann a kook.  I can repeat
that true statement as often as I like, and Wollmann's lawsuits would be
groundless if they weren't merely empty threats.

--
  sean at epoptic.com | That alone should encourage the crew.