[WikiEN-l] (fwd) bishonen exercises abuse of admin power

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Thu Jun 30 11:13:06 UTC 2005

Figuring out which accounts are the sockpuppets or Ip addresses of
banned users is inexact and there may be collateral damage when a new
user mimics the editing style and tactics of a banned user. The ban
of a user regularly using sockpuppets or editing anonymously is in
effect a ban of all users who are edit in the same way. Obviously if
it quacks like a duck, swims like a duck and flies like a duck, it
might be a grebe and not the original duck at all. Likewise the real
duck might be sanctioned for what the grebe has done.

Fred