[WikiEN-l] Proposal: Requests for rollback

David 'DJ' Hedley spyders at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 28 21:08:31 UTC 2005

I don't believe that it is necessary. A rollback button is useful, but I
don't see why it is worth a "Requests for Rollback" to get it. If a user
does RC patrol and wants the aid of rollback (ie, 'the mop'), then they
probably would prefer full admin powers in order to be able to block
vandals, and so on. Being an admin doesn't have many set, 'must do'
responsibilities - RC patrollers can happily become admins without further
hassles, if they want to keep out of Wikipolitics.

Most people who want rollback wouldn't mind the other functionality of
adminship. A Requests for Rollback feature would be unnecessary.