[WikiEN-l] bug in the new software upgrade? edit collisions

actionforum at comcast.net actionforum at comcast.net
Tue Jun 28 15:57:12 UTC 2005

> >From: actionforum at comcast.net
> >
> >There seems to be a huge increase in people "deleting" each others edit to
> >talk pages. Since it has
> >happened in different page communities, and I have even deleted the
> >comments of others
> >unwittingly without being notified of edit conflicts. I suspect a bug in
> >the new software. Is anyone
> >else seeing this?
> > -- thanx, Silverback
>
> This was moderately common even before the upgrade.
I never had it happen before the upgrade, and never deleted other edits myself.  I had edit conflicts occur more often before the upgrade, this seems to be happening when edit conflicts should be occurring.   I can recall only one edit conflict occuring since the upgrade, and given what was going on, on these talk pages, more should have been happening.
Perhaps, I just had a coincidental multiple occurrance of rare behavior that was present before the upgrade.
             -- Silverback