[WikiEN-l] bug in the new software upgrade? edit collisions

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 14:06:48 UTC 2005

On 28/06/05, actionforum at comcast.net <actionforum at comcast.net> wrote:
> There seems to be a huge increase in people "deleting" each others
> edit to talk pages.  Since it has happened in different page communities,
> and I have even deleted the comments of others unwittingly without
> being notified of edit conflicts.  I suspect a bug in the new software.
> Is anyone else seeing this?

I've been noticing a very high occurence of "hit save, have Preview
page returned" problems today; in one case I "saved" almost ten times
before it actually saved the change - this happened before, on an
occasional basis, and IIRC is a known bug. On a busy talk page, this
may well explain the problem.

(Indeed, I've just had it happen to me on WP:HD; I re-added my
previous comment afterwards)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk