[WikiEN-l] Re: Pseudoscience category - GSPOV

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Tue Jun 28 13:51:14 UTC 2005

Habj wrote:

"Quackery and alternative medicine is not the same. In Great Britain,
healers etc. are often welcomed to work in the hospitals. That is
alternative medicine/complementary medicin, choose what term you like
best. The German ex-med-doctor (forgot his name) who claim that cancer
is pure psychological and cancer patients should leave the normal
health care and go to him for some kind of therapy, is a definity
quack."

By my definition quack medicine is a remedy falsely presented as
having curative powers. In this sense the overwhelming majority
of "alternative medicine" is quackery. Homeopaths, for example,
sell people water and tell them that it will cure their illness.

If you want to make a distinction between alternative medicine
and quackery would you object if I moved [[homeopathy]] to the
quackery category?

Regards,
Haukur Þorgeirsson