[WikiEN-l] Further Wladk madness

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 27 11:11:19 UTC 2005

I have posted about this before, namely the unkind reception often given to
User:Wladk, usually posting as an IP number 200.46.++.  He has identified
himself as Wellington Perez Ishikawajima, Peruvian of Japanese extraction.
He has now initiated 100 pages or so; these exhibit almost all possible
problems, beginning with poor English.  Only User:Wikibofh seems to have
recognised, as I do, that this prolific contributor is posting material that
includes real gems, and is expanding the East Asia coverage in a way for
which Wiki-en should be grateful.  Plenty of really quite nasty comments
have been seen at VfD.

To give an example of the value: a recent high profile biography of Mao
Zedong argues that the Chinese Communists only came to power after they were
handed factories in ex-Manchukuo (which Japan overran in 1931), by the
Soviets who invaded right at the end of WWII.  Reading that, I realised that
I knew chapter and verse about that, from the WP articles I had been
cleaning up about Japanese heavy industry there.

So - please can I have some help in my campaign to have these articles
cleaned up first, before rushing them to VfD?  I think some Wikipedians'
comments (such as 'contribute to the WP in your native language') are
completely out of order.  I see no reason to believe that the wiki process
does not work, with these articles as for all else.  There is a listing I
maintain at

[[User:Charles Matthews/Imperial Japan]].

I should be grateful to be notified of more such - I found around ten major
ones this morning alone, while the database was locked.

Charles