[WikiEN-l] Requests for adminship reform

Rebecca misfitgirl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 05:35:50 UTC 2005

On 6/25/05, Chris Jenkinson <talrias at gmail.com> wrote:
> An obvious flaw, so far, with this system, is that a potential
> malicious user can go through the adminee period, get nominated
> without a hitch, and then cause trouble. This is why a deadminship
> procedure would need to be created - abuses of power should /not/ be
> tolerated. Currently there are irrevocable actions admins can take -
> these must either be fixed in code, or more appropriately, it made
> absolutely clear that anyone who takes malicious actions as an admin
> will face severe disciplinary action.

This is the case now. We've had three admins face disciplinary action
over admin abuses before, all leading to de-sysopping, and more
recently, one that was emergency de-sysopped after going on a deleting
rampage. This sort of thing is specifically what the arbitration
committee is for. There is no need to create an additional lynch mob
so that a handful of users can settle scores with people who - they
freely admit - have done nothing wrong, but they just don't like.

-- ambi