[WikiEN-l] Content, reason and the ArbCom

James D. Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Wed Jun 22 18:48:01 UTC 2005

On Wednesday, June 22, 2005, at 19:42, Jay JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Until 40 years ago or so the word "Colored" for "African-American"
> was used near-universally in the United States, and was seen
> as "neutral" as well.

Actually, using "African-American" instead of "black" is widely ridiculed in
the UK, FWIW. But yes, I agree, language changes - the point is, the use of
CE/BCE notation is a POV term like all the others whose time of being
considered better than any others has not yet come, and may indeed never do
so.

[Snip]

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
Wikimedia : [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]
E-Mail    : james at jdforrester.org
IM  (MSN) : jamesdforrester at hotmail.com