[WikiEN-l] Re: Per-article blocking (was: RickK leaving)

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 01:58:55 UTC 2005

>From: Tim Starling <t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au>
>
>Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> > What about reviving the idea of blocking a user from editing a
> > particular article? If someone blocked me from editing one of the gitmo
> > articles for a couple of days, I'd "get the message" and I wouldn't feel
> > the need for a dramatic exit.
>
>Are there any objections to this? I'm accustomed to all blocking-related
>features being controversial, but this one seems to be unusually
>well-supported.
>
>-- Tim Starling

In my experience, when this kind of person is blocked from editing one
article (e.g. via page protection), he or she typically moves on to start
edit warring on a related article.  A good example is one of the people
currently being proposed for RfAR, who has managed to get perhaps 10
articles protected so far, one after another, returning to the originals for
further revert warring when they are unprotected again.

Jay.