[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia ideals

Svante Welin svante.welin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 21:32:55 UTC 2005

Hello,
my name is Svante Welin, and I am a Swedish freelance journalist
writing an article about the Wikipedia project, focusing mostly on the
Swedish Wikipedia.

One thing I'd like to know more about, though - and here is where I
hope you can help out - is more on the idealistic issue of the
Wikipedia project. What I'm saying is... I've found lot of information
on the servers, statistics and technical data history of the Wikipedia
project. Even though this is interesting, I'm looking for something
more. What do people behind the project think about the potentially
revolutionary democratic encyclopedia Wikipedia has put into place?
Pros? Cons? What future do you think Wikipedia could have, what are
the possibilities?

Any other thoughts related to these questions are welcome. Especially
from people who've been involved in the project from the beginning, or
for a long period of time.

Thanks,
Svante Welin
Sweden