[WikiEN-l] Content, reason and the ArbCom

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 21 16:28:46 UTC 2005

Jon wrote:

>Why can't the ArbCom just stop all the content argument? It's that (along with attempts to delete [[2005 English cricket season]])

Thought I should just pop in here and point out that there's been no
attempt to delete [[2005 English circket season]] that I'm aware of. A
few have questioned whether Wikipedia should be going into the level of
detail that the pages on individual cricket matches go into, but I
haven't seen anything suggesting a large enough consensus for them to be
successfully VfDed. The main issue with that group of pages is just
their _format_, specifically the large-scale use of transclusion to put
copies of articles into multiple other articles and the use of subpages.
Changing those formatting issues wouldn't involve deleting anything.