[WikiEN-l] Re: *shakes head*

Tim Starling t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 21 10:27:48 UTC 2005

Rebecca wrote:
> I swear, this whole discussion is making me want to follow you out of Wikipedia.
>
> I have no idea why we tolerate this growing group of idiots who just
> camp out on wikien-l and VFD with some sort of problem with authority.
> I just saw one of them (who has barely made any edits to the main
> namespace in the last fortnight) seriously suggest that admins should
> be desysopped for as little as a snide remark. I'm getting really sick
> of this.

Sorry, I should have read Alphax's post more closely before hastily
agreeing to part of it. Of course admins do a great job, they're
dedicated to Wikipedia and passionate about its cause, for the most part
they stick to the rules and strive for community consensus in everything
they do. There have been cases where admins have violated policy,
lashing out in the heat of the moment, and I think those cases call for
punishment in proportion to the crime.

In this particular case, I don't think Silsor is guilty of any crime
apart from bruising a fragile ego.

-- Tim Starling