[WikiEN-l] I am very concerned by the arbcomm decision against jguk

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jun 20 06:40:26 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

>Rick (giantsrick13 at yahoo.com) [050620 05:53]:
>

>>Isn't that exactly what SouthernComfort did?  He said
>>he was offended by BC/AD, and you and the rest of the
>>arbcomm said his offense is more important than
>>consensus.
>>

>Not the *entire* rest, thanks ...
>
>This is the sort of AC case that should never have been accepted, and I'm
>now sorry I voted 'accept' (though it already had four by the time I got
>there).

When people can simply say that they are offended and have all sorts of
operations thus brought to a screeching halt then you know that
political correctness has run amok.  Some take it to the extent that
being offended becomes offensive.  When people use these allegedly
offensive expressions offense is often the furthest thing from their
minds; they are not being disrespectful of anybody.  Their actions
should be viewed in that light, and not in the light of someone else's
self-pity.

Ec