[WikiEN-l] Improper sysop behavior

slimvirgin at gmail.com slimvirgin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 02:29:53 UTC 2005

On 6/13/05, Jane Halliwell <hundredpurses at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am user:Eyeon. Sysop:SlimVirgin has wrongly suspended me, accusing me of
> using sockpuppets (user:niglet and user:fecologist) to get around 3rr.

[[User:Eyeon]] has been causing trouble around a number of articles
for some time, including [[Feces]], where she's trying to insert a
photograph of a human turd against the wishes of the editors on the
page. She's has already been blocked twice for 3RR on that page, once
by me, and several editors have said her behavior is troll-like.

Today, Eyeon and two new accounts, Niglet and Fecologist, started
reverting at [[Feces]] to the version with the photograph. Eyeon and
Fecologist reverted six times in 10 hours. I therefore blocked Eyeon
for a 3RR violation, and blocked the two new accounts indefinitely as
sockpuppets created to violate 3RR. I also protected the page in case
Eyeon turned up with more sockpuppets, and to give the other editors a
rest from having to revert. I've made it clear on the talk  page that
I'll unprotect if the other editors want to edit.

Eyeon has e-mailed me several times insisting the new accounts were
not controlled by her, and requesting an IP check. I wonder about the
value of that, as she may have asked friends to set up the accounts
for her, which would still make them sockpuppets. I've put a request
for advice as to how to proceed on [[WP:AN/I]].  If anyone here has
ideas, or feels I should assume good faith and unblock, please let me
know.

Sarah