[WikiEN-l] Deletion lag times

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 20:39:49 UTC 2005

--- Stephen Adair <swadair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone else having terrible lag times when trying
> to delete
> articles?  Quite a while back I noticed that if I
> don't get the
> confirmation screen within three seconds, I won't
> get it at all.  If
> it takes longer than three seconds, what will happen
> instead is that
> it eventually times out and I get a message that the
> Wikipedia server
> didn't respond to the request.  Usually, when the
> first try doesn't
> get a response within three seconds, I'll click stop
> and re-click
> confirm.  The deletion usually occurs on the second
> or third try.

Yes, it's been really bad the last couple of days.  I
have made ten attempts at some deletions and have
finally given up, just put the {{delete}} header on
the page for later deletion when the process actually
works.  Of course, when I brought it up on the Village
Pump, I was ridiculed instead of given any
constructive advice.

RickK