[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee Seeking Comment

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Mon Jun 6 12:08:47 UTC 2005

steven l. rubenstein said:

> I do not believe that disputes over
> content are  irresolvable, but I do think that there are POV warriors
> who insist on  including content even if it comes from narrow and
> perhaps even
> disreputable sources, and deleting content that is the product of good
> research.

Arbcom can and does rule in such cases. In the Robert the Bruce case, for
instance, arbcom affirmed the principle that "Removal of references from
articles is generally inappropriate" by 8-0 and "It is inappropriate to
remove blocks of well-referenced information which is germane to the
subject from articles on the grounds that the information advances a point
of view. Wikipedia's NPOV policy contemplates inclusion of all significant
points of view" by 9-0.

These were also reaffirmed in the case of Robert Blair, who was involved
in the same dispute on the other side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Robert_the_Bruce

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Robert_Blair