[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Commitee Seeking Comment

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Jun 4 23:14:52 UTC 2005

MacGyverMagic/Mgm (macgyvermagic at gmail.com) [050605 08:13]:

> Don't judge the content, but the user conduct. If people keep editing
> without discussing it and trying to reach common ground, you can take
> the case because of conduct. It's the controversial cases in which
> large numbers of people disagree that are the problem. Unfortunately,
> those take time, and can't be properly handled by a small group of
> people (they're probably divided on it themselves).

For an example, check the WMC vs Cortonin case. Can content be decided by
which side explodes in frustration first? I submit that this may not be the
best of ideas.

A lot of it is that the AC has been too effective; so people start dealing
with others as problems to be dealt with, with the AC at the end of the
process. This is not a good attitude either.

- d.