[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Commitee Seeking Comment

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Jun 4 21:26:59 UTC 2005

Mark Pellegrini (mapellegrini at comcast.net) [050605 05:23]:

> The Arbitration Committee is seeking public commentary and suggestions
> pertaining to an ongoing problem:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/RFC

Everyone should read and consider this. We've had *lengthy* discussions on
this matter on wikien-l.

Basically: most of the really poisonous arseholes have in fact been kicked
off en: Wikipedia, and when new ones show up they are ejected in reasonable
order. (In a lot of cases, it's not even reaching the AC as they're dealt
with as obvious vandals and trolls by WP:AN/I.) So now the AC is getting a
lot of grey-area cases that are really a proxy for a content dispute. What
to do about this?

- d.