[WikiEN-l] Harrasment by an admin - examples?

David 'DJ' Hedley spyders at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 2 15:41:52 UTC 2005

I've never suffered harassment by an admin although I have felt,
occasionally, that one or two are 'out to get you'. Some admins (which i'll
leave un-named) aren't able to see a second point of view, don't look in to
things, and act before they think. I've seen blocks logs where an admin
blocks an IP and ends up blocking 100 people, just because they didn't look
into it. Some admins don't necessarily abuse their powers, but are too quick
to use it. The issue when somebody is in their RfA, of course, is that it is
often hard to judge how that user will use their powers - many change their
ways after becoming an admin.