[WikiEN-l] Harrasment by an admin - examples?

michaelturley at myway.com michaelturley at myway.com
Thu Jun 2 05:32:17 UTC 2005

I'd say RickK's treatment of Willswikihelp is pretty close to harrassing a new user, given that he reverted the user twice, and in doing so didn't once post a polite edit summary, nor a helpful comment to Willswikihelp's talk page, or even any comment whatsoever to either article's talk page, even after Willswikihelp complained of harassment on RickK's talk page.

Since Willswikihelp is such a new user, you can quickly review his entire contribution history and see how just one or two people, especially if they're admins, can ruin the good faith of a new user.

The actions and comments of Cantus and SchmuckyTheCat aren't any better, but they're not admins, so personally, I don't expect nearly as much from them.  (However, reading SchmuckyTheCat's edit summaries in response to this new user on the South Lake Tahoe, California article is especially disturbing.)

I doubt you'll ever see this new user complain to the ArbCom.  He's obviously frustrated.  I'm not sure he'll be back.

Michael Turley
User:Unfocused

 --- On Wed 06/01, MacGyverMagic/Mgm < macgyvermagic at gmail.com > wrote:

Personally, I'd like to see an example of an admin repeatedly harrasing a regular user failing to be put before arbcom.