[WikiEN-l] Re: Improving ArbCom's lot medium-term

William M Connolley wmc at bas.ac.uk
Tue Jul 12 13:26:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Fred Bauder wrote:
> We have restricted the amount that can be presented. But what is
> really needed is better organized evidence. Most time and energy
> expended by Arbitrators goes into trying to figure out what is
> significant.

Speaking as someone experienced in being *in* arbcomm cases :-) I would say that
the arcomm could ease their lot, and that of participants, by being a bit more
active. Ie, people could present a much more restricted set of the important
evidence, the arbcomm review it, and say "OK, thats enough" or "We need more to
demonstrate your point X" or something. At the moment, because the arbcomm give
little if any feedback on how much evidence is needed, people naturally put up
more rather than less.

-W.

William M Connolley | wmc at bas.ac.uk | http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/met/wmc/
Climate Modeller, British Antarctic Survey | (01223) 221479
If I haven't seen further, it's because giants were standing on my shoulders