[WikiEN-l] Re: New fair use tag proposal

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Mon Jul 11 20:32:14 UTC 2005

> At the moment I'm seriously thinking of endeavoring on an larger
> project of fair use reform -- really getting serious about explicit
> fair use tagging and reviewing and things like that, making things a
> bit easier to understand for the many users who want to upload content
> but don't really want to take the time to learn U.S. intellectual
> property law (the basics of which are much simpler than they have a
> reputation for being, but as such is still not very interesting to
> most). Anybody interested? Good idea, bad idea, waste of time?

Well, you certainly have your work cut out for you :)
And new untagged images are still being added. I just
came upon this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Holler.jpg

Earlier today this had no licensing information. I added
{{albumcover}} and {{fairusein|Holler}}.

Your plan is a worthy one.

Regards,
Haukur