[WikiEN-l] Thank you RickK

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Jul 10 09:59:02 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:
> I object strongly to the characterisation of RickK as an unstable
> administrator.  He was one of the best we've had, he worked long and hard,
> and he finally decided he'd had enough.  I wish he would come back, but if
> he's had enough then we should be thanking him for his long and faithful
> service.  Which I do gladly.  Thank you RickK.

RickK is sometimes controversial, but people should understand why -- he
has the stomach to deal with some of the worst trolls and vandals
around.  At least once a month, I have gotten a long and tortured email
about some alleged abuse by RickK, and each time I would dutifully
investigate what he had done.  And each time, I was amazed at how
patient and thorough he was in dealing with some very difficult people.

Has he at times been sharp with people? Of course, but keep in mind the
types he deals with on a regular basis.  It is very easy to sit back and
second guess various judgment calls -- and much harder to be out there
on the front lines making those judgment calls.

Thank you, RickK.

--Jimbo