[WikiEN-l] Non-free images, there has to be a better way

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 16:32:28 UTC 2005

Which is the entire motivation behind GDFL, CC, etc. licensing schemes
-- we claim copyright, but then make the licenses restrictive about
how unrestrictive they must be. Unfortunately I'm not sure any of
these "free licenses" have been tested in court yet, so what works and
what doesn't is still only hypothetical. But that's the idea anyway,
and a pretty exciting one if you ask me!

FF