[WikiEN-l] Selective blocking (was: Abuse of admin powers by David Gerard and Snowspinner)

Nathan J. Yoder njyoder at energon.org
Thu Jul 7 13:54:26 UTC 2005

> I expected the new software to include the feature we've all been asking
> for, that would block a user from "all pages but his own talk page" - or
> "all pages but a few specific ones". The purpose of this was to enable a
> user to protest a block - without having to create a new account or find
> a new ISP.

Since the months old bug report regarding the reblock thing isn't
going anywhere, I was planning on submitting a patch for it myself
over the next week or so.  I may implement this "partial block" as a
patch too.  These seem like they should be fairly simple to implement,
if anyone else has any other ideas for experimental features related
to this that are fairly simple I could do those too.

Nathan J. Yoder
http://www.gummibears.nu/
http://www.gummibears.nu/files/njyoder_pgp.key