[WikiEN-l] more active censorship

Phil Sandifer sandifer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 5 02:53:09 UTC 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 6:52 PM, JAY JG wrote:

> Actually, I have.  It's an alleged phenomenon, and if it happens in
> the real world, it's extremely rare, and caused by completely
> unnecessary activity. The solution is simple; go cool off for a
> day.  And if you simply must hang around, then don't hit edit.

For what it's worth, he's right - you're not addressing the point,
which is that it's not until you hit edit this page and get the "you
have been blocked message" (which also renews your block) that you'd
find out you've been blocked in the first place. Since being blocked
doesn't send a "You have a message" link or e-mail you or anything.

Concientious admins tend to either leave a message about the block or
remove the second autoblock when it happens, in practice.

-Snowspinner