[WikiEN-l] Non-free images, there has to be a better way

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 15:49:26 UTC 2005

On 7/4/05, Alphax <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is considered courteous for the uploader to be notified when an image
> is listed on [[WP:PUI]]. In fact, the image deletion process is normally
> quite long and requires the uploader to be contacted, original copyright
> holder to be contacted requesting permission if there is any possibility
> of release under a free licence, etc. Not doing so in this case seems
> rather rude.

As far as I can tell the uploaders are always contacted for images on
[[WP:PUI]] which are questionable some time prior to deletion. The
notice does not usually occur concurrently with the posting of the
image on the list because it is useful for others to remove mistakes
before contact is made.

Can you cite a specific example where an image went through the entire
[[WP:PUI]] process without a contact? Please provide a diff link to
the edit that removes it from the PUI page... not all images are
deleted via pui, so just evidence of a deleted image isn't enough to
implicate PUI.