[WikiEN-l] Re: more active censorship

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun Jul 3 17:25:48 UTC 2005

JAY JG wrote:

>> Obviously, I wouldn't have ever hit edit if I *knew* it did that.
>
> Why is that "obvious"?  Why on earth would you hit the edit button when
> you were banned from editing?

He already said that. He wanted to re-read the block page. That is a
perfectly legitimate thing to want. Also, by the GFDL, users *must* be
able to retrieve the source code of a page. This, too, is a perfectly
legitimate thing to want. Both cases *must not* renew a block.

I know that most of you think Nathan is just an attention-seeking troll,
but I think a lot of you would do good if you learnt to "see through"
the emotional bits and look at the factual things underneath.

Timwi