[WikiEN-l] Thoughts on the process of requesting adminship

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:20:06 UTC 2005

On 7/1/05, Nathan J. Yoder <njyoder at energon.org> wrote:
> Exactly, these suggestions are obviously for the sole purpose of
> allowing a certain clique to perpetually stay in power.

You act like the admins have any real power.. They don't.
The abilities of an admin are fairly limited in scope, and none are
permanent.  Most admins do not derive great joy from the enhanced
access, because every use of it is a chance to be called out and need
to answer to your actions. The community can see how an admin uses
their abilities. People have been deadmined.
There are over 500 admins. Any can undo the action of any other. It
would be ludicrous to claim there was a single large group of this
size that conspired against someone.

In short, adminship *is* no big deal.. even though we make a big deal
of it sometimes.  As a result, don't expect anyone to get to worked up
over your rant. If you've spotted something broken that only an admin
can fix (such as a mistaken administrative action), assume good
faith.. point it out.. and we'll all work together to make things run
better.