[WikiEN-l] My rant

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 25 07:10:23 UTC 2005

At 10:47 PM 1/24/2005 -0600, John Robinson wrote:
>>I'm pissed, and I want to rant. (you've been warned)
>
>Welcome to the club. Wikipeida is no longer an encyclopedia, in my view.
>It has devolved into simply another write-enabled website where anyone
>with an opinion can have a rant.
>
>And that's sad.

He didn't rant on Wikipedia, though, he ranted on a Wikipedia-related
mailing list. While it may still be arguable whether it was appropriate to
do so at least it doesn't affect Wikipedia itself in any way. User: pages
come a little closer, but even in that case User: pages are quite well
segregated from the encyclopedia content.