[WikiEN-l] original research, sources, and verification

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Jan 20 23:32:18 UTC 2005

JAY JG (jayjg at hotmail.com) [050121 10:26]:

> Hmm, Historical revisionist seems a bit too easy.  How would you
> characterize that link I gave in the earlier e-mail, in way that warned
> people what kind of site it was, but the people running it could agree with?

I must admit I'd probably explode on the talk page along the lines of "that
reference really is complete shit" and then expand from there ;-) My past
experience of this is links to Israel News Network (INN) on [[Current
events]] - despite the 'l33t-sounding name, it's a small-time and very
partisan news source, and in no way whatsoever comparable to CNN, BBC, NYT
or whatever as a source for the ten or so most important things that
happened in the world on that day. But try getting that across to its fans.
(This is when I got tagged a Palestine apologist, whatever Alberuni might
say about me.)

- d.