[WikiEN-l] Illegitimate block.

John Lee johnleemk at gawab.com
Fri Jan 7 19:17:44 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

>JAY JG (jayjg at hotmail.com) [050108 01:29]:
>

>>What if someone does 3 reverts, waits a full 24 hours, then does his "edit"
>>again, and reverts to it 3 times - has he violated the 3RR or not?  Does
>>the clock always start ticking *after* the first edit?
>>

>If it's 24h 5 min and they do it consistently, they're pretty obviously
>gaming the system. I don't see how they could stay on a reverting quest
>like this without violating other policies along the way.
>

>- d.

Everyking comes to mind. [[User:Johnleemk/Autobiography dispute]] has a
list of selected edit summaries at the end where Everyking displays his
intent to game the 3RR (but he's already demonstrated that through his
behaviour). While arguably he may have broken our rules regarding
ownership of articles (if we have any), these rules are so arcane and/or
unwritten, there's no hard evidence. Everyking's successfully gamed the
system for a long time. iMeowbot points out on [[Wikipedia:Votes for
deletion/Autobiography promotion and publicity]] that Everyking seems to
have been gaming VfD as well in an attempt to get his data stored by
creating numerous subarticles in the knowledge that while we can delete
some, we can't delete all (i.e. [[Autobiography album design]] was
deleted, but the article on its sales and charting statistics was kept).

John Lee
([[User:Johnleemk]])