[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 231

Ben Hallert ben.hallert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:36:26 UTC 2005

> (*warning, objectionable link*)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Deeceevoice
(Bunch of people saying this is WP:POINT)

Out of curiousity, could someone specify how this is a WP:POINT
situation?  All of the objectionable content was put there by vandals,
not the user.  Also, it's in user space, and I'm not certain I see how
it actively disrupts Wikipedia.  By definition, can anything in user
space disrupt Wikipedia?  Please forgive me if I'm missing something,
but I've seen (and been guilty before receiving some education of)
throwing around WP:POINT casually without actually reading the
specifics of what it is.  It's more than 'making a point', it's
'disrupting wikipedia to make a point'.

Thanks!

Chairboy